- 6 large apples, any variety
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ tablespoon ground cloves
- ½ tablespoon ground ginger
- 12-16 ounces Blueberry kombucha
NessAlla’s spin on a classic recipe (and inspired by Kombucha Brooklyn)
Yield: 5-6 cups
- Peel apples with a vegetable peeler, remove core, and roughly chop apples into 1 or 2 inch pieces, depending on how chunky you prefer your applesauce.
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of the slow cooker, and close the lid.
- Cook on high heat for 4-6 hours, stirring every few hours.
- Turn off slow cooker and remove cinnamon sticks. Applesauce can be pureed, if preferred.
- Serve warm, or cool and store.
Share the love