- 3-4 watermelon radishes
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- ¼ cup Peach Blush kombucha vinegar, plus some for reserve
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon peppercorns, lightly crushed
Put on your homesteading face, bust out your Ball jars, and discover this delicious way to serve up watermelon radish.
Yield: 2 cups
- After washing radishes well, use a mandoline or sharp knife to thinly slice radishes into rounds. Place rounds into a clean canning jar.
- In a non-reactive saucepan, bring the white vinegar, kombucha vinegar, salt, and sugar to a boil. Simmer for one minute, or until salt and sugar are dissolved. Remove from heat and add the peppercorns.
- Pour liquid over radishes. Let cool to room temperature, then pour in enough of the reserved Peach Blush kombucha vinegar to cover radishes completely.
- Cover jar and refrigerate. Store up to 3 months.
Adapted from Food52
Share the love